Corrosion Resistant Flooring Installation for Industrial Facilities
Chemical assaults on concrete surfaces in commercial, industrial, and manufacturing facilities may be costly, resulting in a hazardous working environment, production delays, or shutdowns that can result in lost revenue. Chemically resistant flooring systems from Surface Technology, protect against aggressive chemicals, and solvents that destroy the surface as well as the underlying materials.
What is Concrete Corrosion in an Industrial or Commercial Facility?
Epoxy and urethane are two thermosetting polymers that provide long-lasting staying power, maintaining their appearance for years. They’re also both durable, which means they can withstand machine and foot traffic without chipping or cracking. Neither one is better or worse, it just depends on the project requirements. Often, both are used during the industrial flooring installation process for added benefits.
Benefits of Installing a Corrosion-Resistant Flooring System
There are many benefits to installing corrosion-resistant flooring, including:
- Prevention of chemical attacks on concrete surfaces.
- Protection of underlying materials from damage.
- Reduced downtime and lost revenue due to production interruptions or shutdowns.
- A safer working environment for employees.
- Compliance with health and safety regulations.
The Best Solution to Prevent Industrial Floor Corrosion
Epoxies such as Novolac and Vinal Esters, and other resin coatings, provide for robust, long-lasting flooring systems that are directly bonded to the prepared concrete substrate. As a result, a solid, near-perfect surface impervious to any known corrosive chemicals within a facility or space is provided. In addition, adequate slip resistance, compressive and tensile strengths, abrasion resistance, and other characteristics needed for optimum usefulness and value are produced.
Chemical resistant epoxies are frequently used in the following industries:
- Food processing
- Beverage processing
Installing Acid-Resistant Resin Coatings
- When installing resin coatings, it is important to properly prepare the surface. This usually involves a using grinder with a diamond wheel or shot blaster to produce a smooth workable surface.
- Afterwards, all the dust must be removed.
- Once the surface is prepared, the resin coating can be applied using a roller or brush. Unlike household resins which are generally latex paint with a small amount of epoxy added, industrial-strength epoxy coatings require precise measurements and must be combined at the right temperature for a specified period. This will ensure that the coating cures properly and provides maximum protection against corrosion.
Surface Technology is The Corrosion Resistant Flooring Installation Expert
We are a nationwide leader in providing industrial resin flooring solutions for large commercial and industrial spaces. Since 1988, we provided many of the nation’s most respected corporations with reliable flooring and coating solutions that require impact, abrasion, and chemical resistance. Equally important, our flooring installations meet the most rigorous standards of craftsmanship, design, and aesthetic innovation.
Get in Touch
We know you’re busy. We’re here to get you the information you need as quickly as possible. Whether you just want a quick estimation on your project specifications or want to talk to an expert about your project, we are here to help you.