Self-Leveling Epoxy Flooring Installation
for Industrial Facilities
Resinous flooring, or self-leveling epoxy coatings, minimize the ability of outside agents like dirt, oil, and grease to penetrate the concrete substrate and ruin the floor. By creating a barrier between your floor and harmful substances, you can extend the life of your industrial floors significantly. In addition, epoxy coating systems can be customized to include features such as chemical resistance, slip resistance, or colors according to your needs. For help choosing the right resin flooring for your industrial facility, contact us.
What is Self-Leveling Epoxy Flooring?
Self-leveling epoxy flooring is a type of resinous flooring that is made up of a two-part epoxy system. The first part, or the base coat, is applied to the concrete substrate and then allowed to dry. Once it has dried, the second part, or the topcoat, is applied. The topcoat cures to form a hard, protective barrier that protects the concrete from outside agents like dirt, oil, and grease.
The Benefits of Self-Leveling Epoxy
Epoxy flooring is an excellent choice for areas that will be subject to high traffic and wear as it is both aesthetically pleasing and abrasion resistant. Epoxy floors are also easy to maintain, making them ideal for commercial and industrial settings alike.
Some benefits of self-leveling epoxy floors are:
- They resist scratches and impacts well.
- Chemicals and heat pose no problem.
- Can be made slip-resistant with the introduction of silica quartz (a specially graded sand).
- The finish is high gloss and appealing.
- Cleaning the floor is easy because of the smooth, seamless finish.
- There are many attractive, bright color options to choose from.
- It can be applied in different thicknesses, making it versatile for different purposes.
- It can be applied to walls, ceilings, roofs, in addition to floors.
Surface Technology uses this proven process for high-value self-leveling epoxy flooring installation:
- An initial consultation and site survey to get to know more about your facility and your goals.
- A customized, detailed proposal designed to meet your budget, goals, and timeline.
- Your STI Project Manager will collaborate with you to coordinate schedules, material delivery, floor preparation and installation.
- A trained self-leveling epoxy flooring professional will prep and install your new flooring in a series of steps to provide optimum adhesion, abrasion resistance, and aesthetics.
- After your flooring installation, you can count on us for yearly site visits along with our 10-year material and labor warranty for the highest quality assurance.
Why Surface Technology Inc.?
Surface Technology is a licensed industrial flooring contractor, able to complete projects in industrial plants anywhere in the United States 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Learn more about our quick turnaround services.
Our team has 35 years of experience in the planning and installation of high-performance flooring systems that are designed to resist chemical, impact, and abrasion damage. We work with facility owners, design-build firms, construction management firms, and general contractors to provide industrial flooring solutions for projects ranging from 1,000 to more than 1,000,000 square feet. Learn more about us.
Get in Touch
We know you’re busy. We’re here to get you the information you need as quickly as possible. Whether you just want a quick estimation on your project specifications or want to talk to an expert about your project, we are here to help you.