Loss Prevention & Disaster Recovery for Industrial Flooring
Facility managers know the importance of mitigating risks, and the need for a clear action plan in the event a disaster does occur.
Disasters at commercial facilities such as food processing plants, pharmaceutical operations, manufacturing plants, chemical processing facilities, and other factories and warehousing operations can take many forms:
- Chemical spills
All these types of industrial disaster scenarios have one thing in common: potential damage to flooring surfaces. A thorough risk management plan can help reduce the occurrences and effects of some of these incidents or help mitigate the damage when these disasters do happen. All facility leaders must have a reliable support network of experienced contractors who can respond rapidly and professionally to help prevent further loss and quickly repair the damage. This blog provides information on finding the right industrial flooring contractor in the event of a disaster.
Find the Right Flooring Contractor
It is impossible to predict if or when a disaster will strike, and preparedness is critical. When looking for a commercial flooring specialist who can respond to unforeseen disasters, here are some questions to ask:
- Does the contractor specialize in best-practice industrial flooring? A local commercial painting contractor in your town might be nearby, but do they truly specialize in industrial epoxy flooring and wall systems? Despite what a commercial painting firm may claim, their experience in conventional interior and exterior painting is not the same as that of an industrial epoxy flooring specialist. The true industrial solution is a floor coating that is specifically designed for your use. Whether your damaged facility is used for processing food or chemicals, manufacturing electronics or pharmaceuticals, or warehousing perishable and expensive products, there are very specific epoxy coatings for your needs.
- Are all their flooring technicians experienced? The team of painters from a local firm are not likely to have the experience necessary to restore a damaged industrial floor with the proper materials. Epoxy floor coatings are much more difficult to install than home DIY kits and require a professional coatings installer with experience in the industry. Most industrial coatings products are 100% solids and are a multi-component resin system with a short pot life. This means that they require a skilled hand during the floor preparation, mixing and application process. In the event of a disaster that requires immediate response, many contractors may hire additional help just because they can hold a brush. These decisions may lead to improperly installed flooring systems, and major problems going forward.
- Are they experienced in proper sub-surface preparation? Floor coating systems require the proper preparation of the underlying concrete and subsequent layers to ensure the products bond correctly and the coating is successful. Do they employ the most advanced preparation methods available, including vacuumized shot-blasting (Blastrac), diamond grinding, and other mechanical equipment? Do they have experience in sloping the concrete at the proper angles to ensure water drainage?
- Do they comply with all necessary regulations and standards? Ask if they are fully aware of the regulatory and industrial standards in place across the USA. If your damaged facility processes food and beverages, is the contractor knowledgeable and experienced with all USDA approved epoxy flooring, urethane, acrylic (MMA), polyurea, and others? Do they follow cGMP guidelines for FDA-approved flooring restoration in pharmaceutical facilities? Can they ensure they will adhere to USDA and FDA guidelines for cannabis cultivation and other growing operations?
- Do they have access to all necessary materials and equipment on short notice? Do they offer universal product options from all premium manufacturers? Do they carry a single source warranty covering materials and labor, and are they fully insured and bonded?
- Can they work 24/7/365? Disasters don’t follow a clock or calendar. Can they assemble a team of epoxy flooring pros to work overnight, on weekends, or on any holiday?
Surface Team Six: The Solution to Your Disaster Recovery Requirements
If a disaster strikes your facility, and your industrial flooring is damaged and must be quickly restored, ask these questions:
- Do you have a mission-critical flooring situation where failure is not an option?
- Do you need an industrial floor installed on extremely short notice?
- Do you need a rapid-response team of epoxy flooring professionals who you can trust to complete the job right the first time?
Surface Team Six is the first and only elite strike team of America’s most highly trained, motivated, and well-equipped industrial flooring industry professionals. We specialize in projects others can’t handle because of complexity, time, or security concerns.
Our unique, rapid response team can mobilize and deploy manpower, equipment, and materials anywhere within the continental United States in 48 hours. Our team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, to manage your most urgent flooring needs.
Surface Team Six has the expertise, motivation, and dedication to quickly deliver amazing results no matter the timeframe or job site conditions due to disaster. Surface Team Six excels in the following situations:
- Highly demanding prep work
- Limited access areas
- Complex installation requirements
- Accelerated timelines
- Unplanned shutdowns due to disaster
- Problems with floors installed by another company
- Complicated installations
- Complex requirements
- Challenging installation environments
- Temperature or humidity fluctuations
- Tight security restrictions
- Emergency flooring installations
Surface Team Six comprises the best of the best professionals, achieving extremely high precision and consistency levels on short notice due to disaster. Each member of this one-of-a-kind team of elite industrial flooring specialists has over 20 years of boots-on-the-ground experience in the industry. When you have an urgent need for a highly specialized or mission-critical floor, we are your answer.
With Surface Team Six, you will have a highly experienced, dedicated project manager on site, carefully monitoring the installation process to ensure that your project runs smoothly and stays on schedule – ensuring that your floor meets our stringent quality standards. Our experienced project managers are known for their attention to detail and ability to get the job done right.
Our elite Surface Team Six installers:
- Possess a positive attitude and personal commitment to project success
- Work quickly, efficiently, and intuitively
- Know what the right products and the proper installation techniques are for any flooring challenge
- Can meet or exceed all manufacturer’s requirements for installation
- Have lost ZERO time on the job because of an accident in more than 15 years
- TWIC© certified (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
- Each professional averages 20 years of experience installing industrial flooring, coating, and lining systems – the highest in the industry
If your facility has experienced a natural or man-made disaster, and your industrial flooring must be quickly restored to like-new condition, contact Surface Team Six today. Call 1-800-PROJECT, or email us any time.
Get in Touch
We know you’re busy. We’re here to get you the information you need as quickly as possible. Whether you just want a quick estimation on your project specifications or want to talk to an expert about your project, we are here to help you.